Thursday, February 4, 2016

Sometimes you just get fed-up....


I have a washer that works pretty well.  It came with the house.  I am not looking to replace it until it fully dies.  Until then, however, I am not interested in fighting with it every second or third load of wash, having to wrestle it back into place.  Part of the problem is that the washer is missing one of the pads on its feet.  I have it shimmed so it is level, but it is not shimmed with rubber, so it has a tendency to walk.  It also is sitting on a not 100% level floor.  The whole floor is sloped to the gravity drain in the corner of the basement.  Also, there are dips and divots and waves in the concrete under the washer, so it doesn't have to move far to then be out of level.  Once the unit is out of level, it walks to the end of its leashes (aka- water hoses), so in an attempt to save a major water issue, and to stop wrestling the damned thing, it has been bolted to the floor.  I realized that it still needs some ability to move, but not much.  It also needs to be removable for when it dies.

Yes, I could have just bought a new rubber foot for the washer and hoped that would fix it.  Sometimes when you are mad, though, you just want to show the damned thing who's boss.  This is one of those times.  Eventually I may build a platform for both the washer and dryer, and that will need to be bolted in place, so in an attempt to justify my poor rationality in this case, I now have the bolts in the floor.


No comments:

Post a Comment